Monday, December 21, 2009

Woo, hoo!!

Believe it or not, we have one more day left of school before 2 weeks off. Woo, Hoo!!! I know, most of you are probably off by now and I am jealous. Don't ask me why we are still in, I don't know. However we dont go back until Wednesday the 6th. That's the good part. Anyway, here is another Christmas card very much like the last one. I really liked the paper and the stamp so I thought I might as well make all my cards with this paper. I really hoping to get alot of stamping done over break. I have quite a few orders to fill.
Okay, want to hear a good one?! The kids in my first grade class all agreed to try to eat something new at Thanksgiving dinner. I also agreed to try pumpkin pie, I have never even tried it because I think it looks just gross (I'm sure it's not). Well, the day came and went and I just couldn't come to taste it. Being the honest teacher I am, I admitted to my class that I didn't try it. So today one of the kids asked when I will try it and my most WONDERFUL aide and very dear friend offered to bring some pumpkin pie to school tomorrow for me to try in front of the class. I think I feel the flu coming on. What do you think?! So I'll let you know whether I tasted it, liked it or was grossed out by it. It should be an interesting day in first grade tomorrow.
So, that's it for the week. I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas! Enjoy!!

3 comments:

Lynda said...

Sharon ! Wishing you and your family a very Merry hristmas and a Happy Healthy New Year.
(ovviously I didn't get many cards made this year!!!)

a portland granny said...

Hi Sharon,
Thanks for you nice comment on my blog. I'm enjoying visiting your blog and love your Christmas cards.

I wish I had done cards when I was teaching, but I wasn't. I think of how much fun it would have been to have incorporated it into short story writing, etc.

I reitred in 1990 after 30 years in third grade! I had some blends along the way with the third grade. I have to tell you that my hat is off to all of you first grade teachers!! My best friend taught first grade next door to me and I used to marvel at the readers she turned out!

I am going to add your site to my blog list, as I do so enjoy looking. I'm about out of "oomph" for this season as there is much to do with other preparations for the big day.

Thanks again for stopping by! Enjoy your vacation. I soooo remember the joy of Christmas break!

Cindy Haffner said...

So pretty. Happy Holidays XXOO